This idea is basically just a mishmash of a lot of my favorite things: adventure, storytelling, illustrators, imagination, and the web.
I'd like to do what I can to make the web a more inviting and magical place, and this is part of that.
This webapp would work something like this:
- Get a group of friends together or sign up for a solo account.
- You pay by the month, the subscriptions are expensive, but you get what you pay for.
- Create a profile for each of your characters, including personal details about yourself if you want.
- You're matched up with a "Dungeon Master" who will suit your adventuring style.
- You can login and play a couple hours through your adventure. As you progress, your adventure becomes more and more personalized.
- At the end of every two weeks, you receive professional illustrations of your most recent adventures. If you send in photos of your group, the illustrations can even be based on how you look.
- At the end of every 2-3 months, there's a "Super Epic Adventure" that lasts for 3 hours and ends with a big fight or discovery or climax.
- After every "Super Epic Adventure" you'll receive a fully-collored, very high quality illustration. You can get it made into a print or poster — or just keep it to remember the fond memories.